CosmicEnigma Linkshell Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRecipesLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Community Site Tool
Vana’naVi
Latest topics
» I miss you all!
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm by Lenoxs

» Banana Bread
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 am by Lunaura

» To those interested ...
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am by Naughtymistress

» 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm by Lunaura

» Dear Rod and Rosy~~~~
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am by loveliness

» loveliness beats on an old man!!!!
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 am by Shuichi

» Happy New Year!
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am by Lenoxs

» Happy christmas
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm by Lenoxs

» farewell CER
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 pm by Naughtymistress

» CosmicEnigmaReborn
viable subjobs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 pm by Galen

Top posters
Dionys
viable subjobs Vote_lcapviable subjobs Voting_barviable subjobs Vote_rcap 
Lunaura
Shuichi
Roddick
Nosveratu
Galen
Lenoxs
Naughtymistress
Rosydiala
Zetfih
FFXI Resource Sites

FFXI Entertainment

FFXI Shopping

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Copyrite Info
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

(c) 2002-2008 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

viable subjobs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dionys
Inspirer of Madness
Inspirer of Madness
Dionys

Male Number of posts : 1373
Nation's Flag : viable subjobs 55814
Race : Hume
Main Job : Samurai
Sub Job : Warrior
Main Craft : Cooking
Main Craft Level : 65
ZM : 16 ~ The Celestial Nexus
PM : 8-3 ~ When Angels Fall
AM : 22 ~ Shield of Diplomacy
WotG : 15 ~ Crossroads of Time
Registration date : 2007-08-22

viable subjobs Empty
PostSubject: viable subjobs   viable subjobs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:40 am

as many of you know, blue mage has been my main job for some time now, tho i have taken breaks here and there with it. however, it is still my love and i will get it to 75 one day, that i swear!

some people are confused as to what subjobs to use with blue mage.

the most obvious sub job at lower levels, of course, is white mage and is actually viable up to level 30+. having white mage as a sub not only boosts your MP a bit, but also makes any healing spells you use be more effective. it's also very good for beginning levels when trying to learn spells such as pollen or healing breeze whereas, before you get either of those spells, you have no way to heal during battle.

after white mage, ninja becomes a great sub both for shadows (blue mages will generate enormous amounts of hate at times so shadows helps) and dual wield for faster tp gain. many may not be aware, but blue mage spells are somewhat dependant on the amount of tp the player has. the more tp, the better the performance of the spell.

chain affinity (level 40) is also reliant on tp as when it is used, will put all the tp the player has gained toward the next spell, regardless if it is used in a skill chain, solo or otherwise. that tp, added to the spell used, more often than not, creates very high damage output. you do not have to wait for tp to reach 100% and chain affinity can be used at any time with 2 minutes in between for recast.

after ninja, thief becomes an amazing sub. sneak attack works very well in conjunction with chain affinity and you will pull off some very impressive numbers while using the two combined with a decent amount of tp. i myself get high dmg output when i use chain affinity + sneak attack + death scissors, my highest being 1300+, usually averaging about 750-900+ on ITs.

warrior can also be a good sub job for blue mages as there is the possibility of a blue mage tank, though i have yet to try this. the spells metallic body and cocoon would come in very useful for this as well as diamondhide at later levels. it also never hurts to have a backup voke in the party, though hopefully you wouldn't need it.

well, there's just a quick rundown on subjobs that are most viable for blue mage, tho i am sure there could be more out there. these are just the subs that i am more familiar with and are expressed in my opinion.

if anyone else has a good sub for blue mage, post a reply!
Back to top Go down
http://amentalfracture.blogspot.com

viable subjobs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CosmicEnigma Linkshell Forum :: Final Fantasy XI :: Game Info. :: Job Classes :: Near East Jobs :: Blue Mage-
Jump to: