CosmicEnigma Linkshell Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRecipesLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Community Site Tool
Vana’naVi
Latest topics
» I miss you all!
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm by Lenoxs

» Banana Bread
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 am by Lunaura

» To those interested ...
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am by Naughtymistress

» 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm by Lunaura

» Dear Rod and Rosy~~~~
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am by loveliness

» loveliness beats on an old man!!!!
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 am by Shuichi

» Happy New Year!
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am by Lenoxs

» Happy christmas
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm by Lenoxs

» farewell CER
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 pm by Naughtymistress

» CosmicEnigmaReborn
A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 pm by Galen

Top posters
Dionys
A Piece of Writing... Vote_lcapA Piece of Writing... Voting_barA Piece of Writing... Vote_rcap 
Lunaura
A Piece of Writing... Vote_lcapA Piece of Writing... Voting_barA Piece of Writing... Vote_rcap 
Shuichi
Roddick
Nosveratu
Galen
Lenoxs
Naughtymistress
Rosydiala
Zetfih
FFXI Resource Sites

FFXI Entertainment

FFXI Shopping

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Copyrite Info
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

(c) 2002-2008 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

A Piece of Writing...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zetfih
Even Match
Even Match
Zetfih

Male Number of posts : 208
Race : Mithra
Main Job : Thief
Sub Job : Ninja
Main Craft : None
ZM : 2 ~ Welcome t'Norg
PM : 2-1 ~ An Invitation West
AM : 10 ~ Astral Waves
WotG : 3 ~ Cait Sith
Registration date : 2007-09-15

A Piece of Writing... Empty
PostSubject: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:26 am

Prayce awoke with a start. The images that swirled around in his mind shuddered and ceased as he regained consciousness. The room around him swirled and focused. His room lay in the same organized disarray that it always seemed to be in. Sports memorabilia and posters covered the shelves of his desk and the walls. Slowly he turned to his back and stretched out his arms and legs awakening the sleep-ridden muscles. He flipped again this time twirling his body so that his feet the tile floor. He shuddered as his body tried to fight off the cold of coming months.

Days of playing soccer and baseball, drinking lemonade, and going to the beach flew by. The first day of school was the almost as hard as the last. Prayce's first two years of high school had been strangely uneventful. Again he stretched and started moving towards the door to the hallway. Pain shot up his leg and he cursed, as he stubbed his toe on the small, round table next to the door.

Slowly he walked down the hallway and stopped by the linen closet to grab a towel. The house seemed eerily empty as he walked to the bathroom adjacent to him. He had always taken short showers, not feeling the need to linger under the hot water. Sheets of scalding water cascaded around his body. The sweat that caked his body, as it usually did after a night of dark dreams, disappeared along with Prayce's apprehension. The eerie feeling left his as he turned off the shower, dried and returned to his room. He laughed softly as he noticed the clothes that his mother had laid out for him. New, clean and, by the look of them, expensive. His father an independent business man and his mother a Real Estate agent he had always been know as one of the rich kids.

Images of his friends flicked through his mind as he put on the clothes. His emerald green eyes flashed as a stream of light from in between his blinds struck his eyes. He walked over to the window, pulled up the blinds and opened his window fully revealing the early morning. The cold light that entered his room reflected off the lightly yellow leaves of beech trees. Maine during autumn was a sight to behold. The world changing around him filled Prayce with a sense of wonder. Sighing at the splendor of changing seasons Prayce turned away from the window.

As his vision returned completely he jumped back and a note of surprise escaped his lips. A man clad in an all-black jumpsuit and a cloak stood in front of him. The jumpsuit was comprised of a form fitting shirt and a pair of tight conforming trousers. The ensemble showing that the sheer size of his body was achieved through rippling muscles. He opened his mouth to speak but the intruder spoke before even the slightest noise was uttered.

"Hello, Prayce," the intruder said bluntly. Then he chuckled as he saw the expression on the young man's face. "It is nice to finally meet you face to face."

"Who are you!?" the words came out with more gusto than Prayce, or the man, expected.

"I am a guardian angel sent to guide you to the path of righteousness." At first the words came cleanly and with as much conviction as the man could muster. Slowly the facade cracked as prayce stood gawking, the man burst out laughing. "My name is Michael, Michael Texton, most people call me Tex."

"What the hell are you doing in my house? How did you get in my room?" The notes of confusion and speculation filled the question, but there it was the underlying bitter-sweet taste of fear. There always was. It was understandable, to be alone one second to find out that you never truly where. There was no time to explain.

"You will learn soon enough.I have come to ask you to join the people who I represent, The ShadowWalkers. A select group of people chosen from the millions around the world. Chosen because of a gift imparted by God at birth." That was as much as he could say with the time that he would let himself stay.

"What do you mean? I don't have any special gifts imparted by God at birth," the last part of the phrase clearly mocking in nature. The fear soon became a burning rage deep within Prayce's eyes, "MOM! DAD!"

"There is no one here but us Prayce," how Tex hated when they acted like this, which they always did. Reality was a hard pill to swallow. "It is just me and you. It always was." He had added the last part to shake him up. The fire inside of him squelched momentarily.

"What do you mean?" Prayce's voice rose past the point of anger. That sickly sweet stench of emotion filled the room. "They were just here last night. I saw them." Water welled up in Prayce's eyes as the eerie feeling returned. It seemed to fill the void that had opened in his heart so long ago. "What are you crazy or something!?"

"Only as crazy as the one who is talking to something that is not there," and with that he took one step back and vanished. Prayce walked towards his bed and slumped down into his mattress. His body again caked with the cold sweat of biter dreams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lostskeptic
Zetfih
Even Match
Even Match
Zetfih

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Please Comment

Part of a very long writing process I started this concept when i was in the beginning of my 9th grade year...

Last edited by Zetfih on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some back story! ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Dionys
Inspirer of Madness
Inspirer of Madness
Dionys

Male Number of posts : 1373
Nation's Flag : A Piece of Writing... 55814
Race : Hume
Main Job : Samurai
Sub Job : Warrior
Main Craft : Cooking
Main Craft Level : 65
ZM : 16 ~ The Celestial Nexus
PM : 8-3 ~ When Angels Fall
AM : 22 ~ Shield of Diplomacy
WotG : 15 ~ Crossroads of Time
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:17 am

i've only read a small amount so far as lately it seems the only time i've been able to check the forum is from work and i don't have time to read the whole thing there.

so far i like it, but i will let you know more once i finish. Smile good job so far ^^
Back to top Go down
http://amentalfracture.blogspot.com
Zetfih
Even Match
Even Match
Zetfih

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks that means a lot Dio!
Back to top Go down
Decayedflesh
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge
Decayedflesh

Male Number of posts : 121
Race : Elvaan
Main Job : Red Mage
Sub Job : Black Mage
Main Craft : Smithing
Main Craft Level : 37
ZM : 6 ~ Through the Quicksand Caves
PM : 3-2 ~ Vessel Without a Captain
AM : 30 ~ Prevalence of Pirates
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Looking real good so far. Definitely add some more to it. You've sparked my curiosity now! I also love to write. I'm more of a poem writer but I've done a few short stories also. Would love to see anything you feel like sharing. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Zetfih
Even Match
Even Match
Zetfih

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:32 am

Thanks Decayed!!!
Back to top Go down
Zetfih
Even Match
Even Match
Zetfih

PostSubject: Changed!   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:19 am

Prayce awoke with a start. The images that swirled around in his mind shuddered and ceased as he regained consciousness. The memories if the past nights dreams seemed to shun the light. Groggily, as he had done almost every morning since these dreams had begun, he tried to hold on to the images that dissolved in his head. Slowly his eyes cracked open and then quickly shut. A ray of light made the room burn white as he opened his eyes with finality, remembering what day it was. The room around him swirled and focused. His room lay in the same organized disarray that it always seemed to be in. Sports memorabilia and posters covered the shelves of his desk and the walls. A fine layer of dust covering almost every one of his discarded trophies. Slowly he turned to his back and stretched out his arms and legs, awakening the sleep-ridden muscles. He groaned as the sinews stretched and released their sleep caused stiffness. He sat-up this time, twirling his body so that his feet the tile floor. A shiver ran up his spine as the cool tiles made contact with his warm skin. He shuddered as his body tried to fight off the cold of coming months.
Days of playing soccer with the sickly-sweet tang of freshly cut grass in your nose, and the acid bite of a cup of ice cold lemonade on a warm day. These are the memories that he would cherish the most of the past summer. The warm months had begun to fade and Prayce found himself grudging the thought of the day ahead. The first day of school was the almost as hard as the last. With nothing to o but listen to the same droning messages of grade requirements and syllabi. Prayce's first two years of high school had been strangely uneventful. With little more action than a stint in the play-offs in both soccer and baseball. He had been the school’s new prodigy ever since he first stepped on both fields. Again he stretched and started moving towards the door to the hallway. With the lights off and little light escaping the closed blinds, Prayce could see almost nothing. Pain shot up his leg and he cursed, as he stubbed his toe on the wooden desk next to the door.
Slowly he walked down the hallway and stopped by the linen closet to grab a towel. The house seemed eerily empty as he walked to the bathroom adjacent to him. With no smell of a promising breakfast or the tell-tale signs of life as his father started the day. He had always taken short showers, not feeling the need to linger under the hot water. Sheets of scalding water cascaded around his body. The sweat that caked his body, as it usually did after a night of dark dreams, disappeared along with Prayce's apprehension. The eerie feeling left his as he turned off the shower, dried and returned to his room. He laughed softly as he noticed the clothes that his mother had laid out for him. New, clean and, by the look of them, expensive. With his father a high-class lawyer and his mother a Real Estate agent he had always been know as one of the rich kids.
Images of his friends flicked through his mind as he put on the clothes. He perked up at the thought of seeing them at school that day. The times they had shared in the past years had been some of the best in his life. Being considered a jock didn’t suit Prayce, so he also maintained a perfect grade point average and had taken a liking to many of his fellow peers in upper level classes. His emerald green eyes flashed as a stream of light from in between his blinds struck his eyes. He walked over to the window, pulled up the blinds and opened his window fully revealing the early morning. The cold light that entered his room reflected off the lightly yellow leaves of beech trees. The leaves had just begun to turn not long before. Maine during autumn was a sight to behold. The world changing around him filled Prayce with a sense of wonder. Awed by the splendor of changing seasons Prayce turned away from the window.
As his vision returned completely he jumped back and a note of surprise escaped his lips. A man clad in an all-black jumpsuit and a cloak stood in front of him. The jumpsuit was comprised of a form fitting shirt and a pair of tight conforming pants. Prayce could see formidable muscles rippling under that all of that black material. Images conjured from many dreams he had experienced containing this man rose in his mind. A shiver ran up his back, mot one of surprise, but of utter shock. The pieces slowly began falling into place as he remembered all of the many He opened his mouth to speak but the intruder spoke before even the slightest noise was uttered.
"Hello, Prayce," the intruder said, accentuating every syllable. Then he chuckled as he saw the expression on the young man's face. "It is nice to finally be able to talk to you."
"Who are you!?" the words came out with more gusto than Prayce, or the man, expected.
"I am a guardian angel sent to guide you to the path of righteousness." At first the words came cleanly and with as much conviction as the man could muster. Then, he burst out laughing. "My name is Michael, Michael Texton, most people call me Tex."
"Ok… Tex… How did you get in my room?" The notes of confusion and speculation filled the question, but there it was the underlying bitter-sweet taste of fear. There always was. It was understandable, to be alone one second to find out that you never truly where. There was no time to explain.
"You will learn soon enough. Now, I have come to extend an invitation to you. One, which will ultimately alter the course of your whole existence. I have come to ask you to join the people who I represent and am a part of, The ShadowWalkers. A select group of people chosen from the millions around the world. Chosen because of a gift imparted by God at birth." That was as much as he could say with the time that he would let himself stay.
"What do you mean? I don't have any special gifts imparted by God at birth," the last part of the phrase clearly mocking in nature, "I am a normal teen. Who in the hell are you and what are you doing in my room. MOM! DAD!"
"There is no one here but us Prayce," how Tex hated when they acted like this, which they always did. Reality was a hard pill to swallow. "It is just me and you. It always was." He had added the last part to shake him up. Of course the boy had grown up with real experiences, but his “parents” would go on living their meaningless lives without a thought for their precious boy. He would learn that soon enough, just as he had, so very long ago. The fire inside of him squelched momentarily.
"What do you mean?" Prayce's voice rose past the point of anger. That sickly sweet stench of emotion filled the room. "They were just here last night. I saw them." Water welled up in Prayce's eyes as the eerie feeling returned. It seemed to fill the void that had opened in his heart so long ago. "What are you crazy or something!?"
"Only as crazy as the one who is talking to someone that is not there," and with that he took one step back and vanished. Prayce walked towards his bed and slumped down into his mattress. His body again caked with the cold sweat of biter forgotten dreams.

Last edited by Zetfih on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
loveliness
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge
loveliness

Female Number of posts : 153
Nation's Flag : A Piece of Writing... 55814
Race : Elvaan
Main Job : Dragoon
Sub Job : Warrior
Main Craft : Smithing
Main Craft Level : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:34 pm

interesting story lol
Back to top Go down
Zetfih
Even Match
Even Match
Zetfih

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:21 am

Thank you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of Writing...   A Piece of Writing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Piece of Writing...
Page 1 of 1