CosmicEnigma Linkshell Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRecipesLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Community Site Tool
Vana’naVi
Latest topics
» I miss you all!
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm by Lenoxs

» Banana Bread
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 am by Lunaura

» To those interested ...
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am by Naughtymistress

» 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm by Lunaura

» Dear Rod and Rosy~~~~
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am by loveliness

» loveliness beats on an old man!!!!
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 am by Shuichi

» Happy New Year!
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am by Lenoxs

» Happy christmas
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm by Lenoxs

» farewell CER
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 pm by Naughtymistress

» CosmicEnigmaReborn
A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 pm by Galen

Top posters
Dionys
A lil about Nos.. Vote_lcapA lil about Nos.. Voting_barA lil about Nos.. Vote_rcap 
Lunaura
A lil about Nos.. Vote_lcapA lil about Nos.. Voting_barA lil about Nos.. Vote_rcap 
Shuichi
Roddick
Nosveratu
Galen
Lenoxs
Naughtymistress
Rosydiala
Zetfih
FFXI Resource Sites

FFXI Entertainment

FFXI Shopping

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Copyrite Info
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

(c) 2002-2008 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

A lil about Nos..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nosveratu
Tough
Tough
Nosveratu

Male Number of posts : 369
Nation's Flag : A lil about Nos.. 214989
Race : Hume
Main Job : Paladin
Sub Job : Warrior
Main Craft : None
ZM : 5 ~ Headstone Pilgrimage
PM : 2-2 ~ The Lost City
AM : 3 ~ President Salaheem
WotG : 3 ~ Cait Sith
Registration date : 2008-11-02

A lil about Nos.. Empty
PostSubject: A lil about Nos..   A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:49 pm

ok for those of you who dont know, yeah i;m what some of you might call a homophobe, it's not that i have any issues with anyone being gay or lesbian or anything like that, i just get real uncomfortable when its blatantly out on "display" of sorts. if i've pissed anyone off at all by anything i might of said or commented on, i just wanted to say sorry if it came across as an insult, i've known a few of you for a long time now, and have never had any problems at all. today i guess i saw things getting way out of hand for my comfort lvl, and more or less upset someone who's a friend, and possibly hurt em too, it wasnt ment to sound like that, and for that i'm sorry. i don't plan on leaving the LS or anything like that, but more or less i just wanted to get this out. i know the LS has been the way it is for a long time now, and i dont want it to change, if theres one thing i hate is trying to make ppl think/say something that isnt them. if your gay be gay, just please dont overdo it with me if you know what i mean. Smile and likewise, i will do my best to not overdo the "straight" humour with Naughty in the LS either.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dionys
Inspirer of Madness
Inspirer of Madness
Dionys

Male Number of posts : 1373
Nation's Flag : A lil about Nos.. 55814
Race : Hume
Main Job : Samurai
Sub Job : Warrior
Main Craft : Cooking
Main Craft Level : 65
ZM : 16 ~ The Celestial Nexus
PM : 8-3 ~ When Angels Fall
AM : 22 ~ Shield of Diplomacy
WotG : 15 ~ Crossroads of Time
Registration date : 2007-08-22

A lil about Nos.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lil about Nos..   A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 am

thank you for giving us a little insight into who and/or what nosveratu is.

the thing with this LS is that we've always been accepting of anyone, gay, straight, bisexual, trisexual (that's JJ, he'll try anything once) ... all in all, it doesn't matter who you are as long as you respect your fellow members.

we're an adult shell, and as such, discuss adult topics many of the time, mostly in humor. we can get pretty vile and disturbing in the shell, but it's always been understood that if you are IN the shell, then you can "put up or shut up," basically. you have the right to leave the shell if you so choose but, of course, we'd prefer you didn't.

the thing is, it's 100% hypocritical to joke all day with your spouse in the LS, make sexual inferences, jokes, suggestions, innuendo, etc, but then get offended when someone else makes an off color gay statement or joke. granted, the statement you found distasteful is CERTAINLY not a common gay experience or pastime and turns most stomachs, hence why it was a joke. the people involved in this joke know each other very well and give each other a hard time all the time.

in closing, i hope you stay, but also, i hope you understand that if you give it, you better be able to take it. you're in the company of some pretty sharp and sarcastic minds. embrace it, not run from it. this is a fun LS and everyone in here would do most anything for you ... or to you (see, that was a joke.)
Back to top Go down
http://amentalfracture.blogspot.com
Keromi
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Male Number of posts : 95
Nation's Flag : A lil about Nos.. 214989
Race : Tarutaru
Main Job : White Mage
Sub Job : Black Mage
Main Craft : Alchemy
Registration date : 2007-11-03

A lil about Nos.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lil about Nos..   A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm

This is what I like about the LS. Everyone feels so free to talk about what they think.

Nos I think your view is well taken and you did the right thing: speak up.

Actually we do get this complain from time to time. We boys go wild sometimes. Just speak up and let us know your bottom line. Of course we will do the same.

This boils down to mutual respect to each other. When one tells you s/he is offended, s/he IS offended. No matter if you think his/her view point is right or wrong.

Talking about our shell for adults only, just figured last night Ivi is only 17, so boys try to curb yourself a bit when you guys see her around. It is not discrimination, but protection for the young.

Let's keep the shell together while Luna is away Very Happy Will be great if all sac holders can sit down and talk about this seriously.
Back to top Go down
Galen
CE Videographer
Galen

Male Number of posts : 360
Nation's Flag : A lil about Nos.. 639176
Main Job : Beastmaster
Sub Job : White Mage
Main Craft : None
Registration date : 2007-09-04

A lil about Nos.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lil about Nos..   A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Yeah I found that out last night.
I didn't raise the issue with sack holders though as I thought there must be a reason why Ivi has a pearl. I dont object to Ivi at all I've helped Ivi quite a bit with low level mage gear and spells. I just guessed Ivi was an exception like Zet was and to be fair Ivi will be 18 soon so it's probably a bit mean to send him away until then as we may lose a potentially good member.

Anyway in response to the main topic. I'm sorry you were offended by somebody but everything is said in jest and to be honest it's just words on a screen, If something doesnt appeal to somebody then the individual has a right to not respond at all not everything has to have a response, there's always chat filtering if you wish to use it.
I myself accidentally almost offended somebody way back when and to know that I could of hurt somebody's feelings through some text which wasn't thought out fully in advance did strike me a little.

We're all guilty of saying things that are a bit "dodgy" but as I said before they are jokes and unless there is a true malicious intent behind what is said then the person should let it be.
CE encourage people to be themselves, in many other linkshells Gay people have been treated badly and ostracised from comunities they considered friends, Just like in real life coming out can go disasterously wrong for people. Thus why our linkshell is a place to escape to without fear of reprisal for players being who they are.

I'm sorry you felt a bit disturbed Nos and I hope that by knowing us and what some of us are can change your point of view "I drink beer - not all gays drink girly things lol"

Anyways Nos I still love ya "In the normal manly way" /highfive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A lil about Nos.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lil about Nos..   A lil about Nos.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A lil about Nos..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CosmicEnigma Linkshell Forum :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: