CosmicEnigma Linkshell Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRecipesLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Community Site Tool
Vana’naVi
Latest topics
» I miss you all!
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm by Lenoxs

» Banana Bread
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 am by Lunaura

» To those interested ...
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am by Naughtymistress

» 6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm by Lunaura

» Dear Rod and Rosy~~~~
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am by loveliness

» loveliness beats on an old man!!!!
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 am by Shuichi

» Happy New Year!
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am by Lenoxs

» Happy christmas
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm by Lenoxs

» farewell CER
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 pm by Naughtymistress

» CosmicEnigmaReborn
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 pm by Galen

Top posters
Dionys
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Vote_lcapGalen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Voting_barGalen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Vote_rcap 
Lunaura
Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Vote_lcapGalen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Voting_barGalen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Vote_rcap 
Shuichi
Roddick
Nosveratu
Galen
Lenoxs
Naughtymistress
Rosydiala
Zetfih
FFXI Resource Sites

FFXI Entertainment

FFXI Shopping

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Copyrite Info
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

(c) 2002-2008 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Galen
CE Videographer
Galen

Male Number of posts : 360
Nation's Flag : Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. 639176
Main Job : Beastmaster
Sub Job : White Mage
Main Craft : None
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Empty
PostSubject: Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress.   Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 am

Galen's Beatsmaster guide. 1-50.

I thought I'd let people know How I progressed to level 50 as a Beastmaster. Being the only Bst that actively uses the boards I've felt like I should beef up the Bst section and hopefully get some of you interested.

This guide of sorts is only based on my opinion and experiences, I'm not the best Bst nor do I claim to be. So if I've managed to get this far, There's definately no stopping you!

To become a Beastmaster you'll need to first reach level 30 one of the basic jobs to be able to initiate (Flag) the Quest: Save My Son.

Save my son

Starting NPC: Dietmund - Lower Jeuno -
Requirements: Level 30+ job.
Items required: Nothing allthough a form of Sneak/Invisible would be sensible, And a way to warp if you're too lazy to walk back.
Title recieved: Life saver
Reward: 2100 Gil and neckpiece item Beast whistle (Vit +2, Chr+2) Lvl 24 Bst.

Quest guide:

• Go to the Merchants house in lower Jeuno on the second floor at to watch a cutscene.
  • Go to Qufim Island and make your way to the lower part of the cliff at This would be a good time for Sneak/Invis. There is a Kraken that spawns right on top of the flowers and the flowers won't appear until 22:00 and will remain until the morning. These are night flowers after all, The Kraken is around Lvl 37 but with Sneak you should be ok because he detects by sound. And the Goblin Bounty Hunter patrols this area and walks down the path you need to be on so Invis is needed too, It's suggested you get to the path before 22:00 because of the Banshee's that appear at night. Once you've clicked on the flowers and seen the cutscene the hard part is done.
  • Return to lower Jeuno and go see our new friend Dietmund to which you'll see his son who will give you your reward.

So that's the quest done but we're still not done yet.

Quest: Path of the Beastmaster

Starting Npc: Brutus - Upper Jeuno -
Requirements: Level 30+ job.
Items required: Nothing
Title recieved: Animal Trainer
Reward: Unlocking the Beastmaster Job class.

Quest guide:

• After Completing the quest Save my son, Go to see Brutus in upper Jeuno who is situated at the Chocobo stables at
  • Talk to Brutus and then the little boy next to him and finally to Brutus once more.
  • This should complete the quest and you should now be able to change jobs and start your life as a Beastmaster.

autotranslate green congratulations autotranslate red

Beginning as a Beastmaster

So now you're a Bst it's time to see what you can do. grab yourself some basic gear and let's go play. There isn't really anything to note regarding equipment at the beginnig levels. I recommend carrying 2 sets of gear one for fighting and one for Charming in,.Your Charming setup should primarily consist Chr+ statistics, With the exception to the Orcish Axe.

Orcish Axe: Dmg:10,Delay:288,Str+2,Int-1,Mnd-1,Chr-1 Can be equipped at lvl 5 and is rare/ex. The Chr- isnt to be considered a problem here because you wont be using it for very long but at that level the +Str is nice. You can get this for free by killing orcish fodder mobs in West Ronfuare,East Ronfuare,Ghelsba Outpost,Fort Ghelsba and La Theine Plateu.

Level 1-10
Job Abilities:

1: Familiar: This is your 2Hr ability, It enhances your pets powers and increases the duration of the Charm ability. It has a duration of 30 minutes. To use this ability you must have a pet in your control. While it is active you can not naturally lose charm status on your pet and will remain charmed for the full duration of 30 minutes. Also Familiar only lasts for one pet, if your pet dies or you use leave your next pet will not have the benefits of Familiar. Under the influence of Familiar you pet gains a few bonuses, This ability will boost a pet's HP by 10%. This applies to both charmed and called pets. This ability boosts a pet's attack speed by approximately 25%.

1: Charm: This ability brings a monster under your control. It can be used every 15 seconds but the duration of it's effect varies.

• Things that determine the success at an attempt to charm a monster are Charisma (Chr), the level of the Beastmaster and the level of the monster you try to charm.
  • The ability Gauge makes an estimate for the successful charm.
  • Charisma also increases your own resistance to charm attempts from enemies.
  • +Charm equipment only increases the duration of the charm.
  • +1 Charm increases charm duration by 5%, +20 doubles the Charm duration.
  • When a Charm fails the monster will become hostile towards you and start to attack you.
  • Some things cannot be charmed on occasions like these the monsters the monsters will become bound for a short period of time and then proceed to attack you.
  • You can only have one pet at a time.
  • You cannot charm something that has been "Call for help"
  • You cannot charm another Beastmasters pet.

10: Gauge: This ability checks to see if a monster can be Charmed, It has a recast timer of 30 seconds and it's has no duration as it's effect is instant.
  • Returns a rough estimate of your likelihood of a successful Charm on a particular mob. There are five possible results:
  • "You should be able to charm the MOB"
  • "You might be able to charm the MOB"
  • "It would be difficult for You to charm the MOB"
  • "It would be very difficult for You to charm the MOB"
  • "You cannot charm the MOB!"
  • This ability does take your Charisma into account when providing the estimate.
  • Will not cause either Sneak or Invisible to wear off.
  • You cannot gauge a monster if you currently control a pet.

Job Traits:
1: Widescan: This handy tool is available at level 1. It scans the area map for monsters and reveals their location. The range of this is estimated to roughly 1/2 a map square, Increasing with each Widescan upgrade.

Vermin Killer: Causes Vermin type monsters to become intimidated which makes them lose a turn during battle.

Pet Commands

Fight: Level 1 Sends your pet to go Fight your target.
Heel: Level 10. Tells your pet to stop fighting and return to your side.This command shares a recast time with thr Stay command which is 5 seconds and will also cancel the Stay command.

Equipment.

Getting to level 10 doesnt require anything special regarding gear. Just wear what you like and go kill things.

Leveling Areas

All of the areas just outside your starting city will be able to provide you with the monsters to get you to level 10. Just have fun here and try and get used to having a pet fight with you,

Levels 10/20:
Starting at level 10 I invested in the Scale set of armour. A Bronze axe, An Aspis shield, 2 Hope earrings, 2 Brass rings, A Rabbbit mantle, Justice badge and Leather belt.
Defense 35
Hp +10
Mp -4
Mnd +3

9/11 Konschtat Highlands: This is where I came from level 9-11. It's a good place to have fun in.Concentrate on charming Even matches when you can and remember the beast strenngth charts. Use Huge Wasps, Strolling Saplings and Mist Lizards as pets and prey and rock eaters and Goblins strictly are prey. Only engage against Tier 1 Goblins which are Goblin - Fisher - Weaver and Thug.

Lizards can intimidate the Wasps and the Wasps can intimidate the Saplings.

11/14 Konschtat Highlands:
From here on Charm the Mad Sheep and use them against Quadav, Rock eaters, Mad Sheep and Goblin - Ambusher - Tinkerer - Butcher.

Level 14 :

Level 14 is great for Beastmasters it's when we get our first set of equipment for Charming. Between level 14-20 there are some +Chr pieces to get for use when Charming a monster they are.
  • Hope rings at lvl 14 giving +2 Chr each.
  • Noble's ribbon at lvl 14 giving +3 Chr.
  • Bird whistle at lvl 15 giving +3 Chr.
  • Monster Signa at lvl 18 giving +8 Chr.
  • Giving a total of 18 Chr+ which at that level is pretty decent and you shouldn't have much trouble holding a Charm.

15/18 Valkurm Dunes:
Valkurm Dunes is a good place to come to next. Starting at the Konschtat Highlands or La Theine Plateu zones are a good place.
Pets :- Sand Hare, Night Bats, Hill Lizard, Star Bat, Sand Bats.
Prey :- Sand Hare, Hill Lizard Goblin - Ambusher - Tinkerer - Butcher.
Star bats are only around at night but are very good at taking out Goblins.It's recommended to not try Star bats as pets until around level 17. it may be a good Idea to use Familiar on them too.

Job Abilities

Between level 10/20 you get new Job Abilities.

12: Reward: Feeds your pet to restore it's Hp.You need to have a Pet food Equipped to use it and puts a Regen effect on your pet too.

15: Stay: When you use this your pet stops following you and stays in place. When used your pet will be resting for it's Hp back. When Heel is used beforehand the Hp recovered is increased slightly.

Job Traits

15: Resist Slow: Increases your resistance to Slow and shortens the duration of the effect if you become under it's influence.Each upgrade of this trait increases your resistance even further, Job Traits are always active.

20: Bird Killer: This trait gives us the chance to intimidate Bird type enemies.

20: Wide Scan II: This trait increases the range of your widescan giving you the ability to detect monsters from much further away, This upgrade is lets you see roughly 2 map squares.

18/20 Valkurm Dunes:

By now you should have an idea for what you are doing, Try your hand a Fields of Valor and have some fun playing around at this level. Once you hit 20 it's onto the next step.

20/23 Valkurm Dunes:
Pets :- Damselfly, Snippers, Thread Leech and Brutal Sheep.
Prey :- Brutal Sheep, Snipper, Damselfly, Thread Leech, Goblin - Ambusher - Tinkerer - Butcher - Mugger - Gambler - Leecher.
Camp along the secret beach at or at in the area with trees.
Level 21 Equipment

At 21 I bought Beetle gear and the earrings. The +1 versions were quite cheap too. Dhalmel mantle, 2x Balance rings, Spike necklace,Barbarians belt, a Battleaxe and Decurion's shield. This was quite a nice point in my Bst career, My appearance had changed and I felt just a little more powerful.
This set of gear should give you. Defense: 67
STR: 4
VIT: 1
DEX: 6
AGI: -1
MND: -6
Attack: 6
Evasion: 1
Job Abilities and Commands

23: Call Beast: Summons a beast to come fight by your side. In order to use this ability, user must have a jug equipped in the ammo slot. After a certain period, which varies based on the jug used, the pet will disappear if it is still alive. Thry do not decharm, and are approximately as strong as a DC but with lower HP than a normal mob.
Their level varies between 0 and 2 levels below the Beastmaster (up to their cap).
Monster gloves cause the level to vary between 0 and 1 level below the Beastmaster (up to their cap).
Beast Affinity raises the level cap of jug pets by 2 per merit upgrade, to a max of 75.
Use of Leave will despawn the jug pet. Jug pets are significantly weaker than wild monsters of the same level; they don't have a subjob, so their attributes are about 25% lower.

25: Sic: Tells your pet to use a special attack at 100% TP.

Levelling areas:

23/26 : Valkurm Dunes:
Pets: Beach pugil, Thread leech, ------->Prey: Will-o'-the-Wisp, Tier 3 Goblins -Mugger - Gambler - Leecher.
J-6 is a wonderful camp or the west hidden beach is fun too.

25/30 : Qufim Island:
Pets : Clipper, Dark bats,Glow bat, Seeker Bat.
Prey : Land worm, Wight.
26-27, Good camps near H-6 and I-7.
28-29, Use bats or pugils vs. Wights and Dancing Weapons.
An extremely fun area to play in you'll have alot of fun here, you'll die a fair bit also but you'll be having some ace fights so you probably wont care. You can get to 30 easily in this area and I believe it's now a FOV area also so use that to your advantage.

Job Ability
Tame : Makes an enemy easier to Charm. Using Tame on a enemy that has not become aggressive will make it more easier to charm. Using Tame on an aggressive enemy can cause it to stop attacking and return to where it was before. The ability can be resisted. The success rate of Tame is determined by comparing your Int to the target's Int. Tame can only be used on enemies that can be charmed. Using Tame on uncharmable monsters will have no effect.

Job Trait:
Amorph killer:
Can cause Amorph type enemies to be intimidated.

For equipment I spent my conquest points on Centurions gear, I bought a Bastokan targe, Millitary pick and wolf mantle.

Leveling Areas
30/34 : Qufim Island:

30 Pets: Bats Crabs and Pugils against - Prey: Giants, Weapons and Wights.
31/33 Pets: Pugils + a pet swap against - Prey: Giants.
33/34 Pets Acrophies against Acrophies, Goblin bounty hunters. This is where you learn the power of leech mobs. They are wonderful little tanks and thanks to Sic you can sometimes have regen effect on them.

34/37 : Bibiki bay:
Start off on the docks doing Eft against Eft. After 35 and you have leave things get a bit easier for you and more of the monsters become available as pets, You can also take on the goblins near the docks around 35 and the Dhalmels on the way in with some effort.

Last edited by Dionys on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : added more)
Back to top Go down
Galen
CE Videographer
Galen

Male Number of posts : 360
Nation's Flag : Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. 639176
Main Job : Beastmaster
Sub Job : White Mage
Main Craft : None
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress.   Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:39 am

Job Ability:
35: Leave :
This is a pet command it tells your pet it is no longer needed and lets it go free with no aggro to you.
Job Trait:
35: Resist slow II:
Increases resistance to the slow status effect.

36/39 : Sea serpent's Grotto:
Pets : Royal Leech, Undead Bats and Ironshells against starting with Sahagin - Pond - Lake - Spring, Undead bats at 36, Ironshells at 38, and Ghasts from 39 and could take you to 41. Once again you'll find leeches are you best little creatures a DC Leech will destroy a T Undead bats with simplicity toss in a Dia and it's fun to see, A famous camp is F-7 to fight Ghast with the supply of Leeches there. I personally found that I could go from the waterfall entrance and head towards the stone door and back for a relatively safe roaming exp session.
With this camp I was having alot of fun and stayed here till 41 maybe even 42 had some fun questing Nin scrolls while I was here too.

Level 40

Equipment

Well I thought I'd let you know what I'm currently running about in. All Beastmaster's should be carrying 2 sets of gear when going out to Exp. Chr+ "Charming" and their set for fighting in. As far as I'm aware I'm using the most Chr possible for my level with the exception of the Garrison Tunica.

autotranslate green Charm autotranslate red
Main : Monster Signa ( Chr +8 ) Free from a lvl 16/17 Nm. up to 90,000 Gil on Ah.
Head : Noble's Ribbon ( Chr +3 ) Lv 52 Clothcraft Item, up to 15,000 Gil on Ah.
Neck : Bird Whistle ( Chr +3 ) Free from a lvl 21-22 Nm. up to 10,000 Gil on Ah.
Rings : Loyalty Ring ( Chr +3 ) x2 of these, up to 35,000 Gil on Ah.
Waist : Corsette +1 ( Chr +6 ) up to 30,000 Gil on Ah.
This will give you a total of 26 Chr and so far I've been quite lucky with charming.
autotranslate green Fight autotranslate red
Main : Combat Caster's axe
Sub : Royal Squire's Shield
Head : Alluring Headband
Neck : Spike Necklace
Body : Royal Squire's Chainmail
Hands : Royal Squire's Mufflers
Waist : Survival Belt
Back : Wolf Mantle
Legs: Royal Squire's Breeches
Feet : Centurion's Greaves
Rings : Deft Ring +1 x2 of these
Ears : Drone Earrings x2 of these
This probably isn't the best gear but so far it's serving me quite well.

Job Trait:
40: Lizard Killer:
Gives the chance to intimidate Lizard monsters.
40: Wide Scan III: Increases Wide Scan range, range = Approx 3 squares.

41/45: Western Altepa Desert:
Start at the Rabao zone from 41-43 use spiders against spiders and worms and add a few anticans when you feel brave. 43-45 rinse and repeat but add a few dhalmel in there. It's suggested you /whm for this so you can sneak past the monsters that aggro to sound. it's even possible to grind from here to even 50 but it will be slow, Slow but safe. At lvl 48 I killed the cactuar and it took alot of pets. At 49 I charmed the Tulwar scorpion but had to familiar it.

Pet Command
45 Snarl
: Transefers your hate to a pet summoned by call beast. It's kinda like a provoke and won't work with wild pets.

48/50: Western Altepa Desert:
PETS:Desert Beetles [47-51]
PREY: Antican Eques [45-49], Antican Retiarius [45-49], Desert Beetles [47-51]
Go to Revelation Rock and run around it, charming DC/EM Beetles and using them against EM/T Anticans and EM/T Beetles.

Level 50
Job Trait

50 Aquan Killer: Gives the chance to intimidate Aquan monsters.

Well autotranslate green Congratulations, autotranslate red You've made it all the way to 50. You're now exactly where I am. Have you found your inner Bst yet? I hope so. I'll update some more once I've been out and experienced it myself.
autotranslate green see you again ! autotranslate red
Galen /wave
Back to top Go down

Galen's Beastmaster Guide. lvl 1-50, Work in progress.
Page 1 of 1